Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day #4 - Random Bits

So, I was sitting at the Fox and Goose on 10th and R and this is what I jotted down:

Sitting in the local pub
- a British one
sans the soccer game

How can you be a
British pub
without a soccer game
- futball -
on the telly?

Looking up, I see
a mannequin dressed
as a cricket player

At the bar,
a man pays for
three ladies' first round

One says "dogs are work"
to which I rejoinder
"that's why I prefer my cats"

To my left, young - relative -
biologists talk about
spotted owls and such

Looking around, I see
my goodness My Guinness
Trumans Beers
Tetley at Mason Arms
and the Golden Cock

The sign says
Courage is the word for beer
and we are apparently
in the City of Westminster
on Bulinga Street

I am imbibing a Hoegaarden
and learning that in the 1300s
tennis was played in the streets

It became a nobleman's game
after the bubonic plague
swept through the streets
killing the players

Ah, my date is here
time to close for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment