Wednesday, April 20, 2011

19 Apr 11 - Driving to the City

Came down to SF for an interview - I think my GPS unit is programmed to avoid toll roads - need to fix that today! I saw parts of the Bay area I don't think I've seen since I was little! On to the poem for yesterday (and yes, I'll have another offering later for today...).


Driving to the City

Three and a half hour drive
to the City
Tooling along in the fast lane
staying out of the carpool lane
Fast lane is relevant when
traffic is moving at a snail's pace

Limo driver acting like
a New York cabbie
Rush up on my bumper and expect
me to be intimidated
weaving through traffic like a drunken sailor
rush, brake, rush, brake
will you have a job tomorrow
after you made your celeb spill their drink?

Others also tailgate
to intimidate
give me a break -
I'm still in front of you!

Others slip into that
sacred space
left for safety's sake
foot off the pedal
space back in place

Such is life on the road

No comments:

Post a Comment