Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Challenging Craft

As we near the end of the first third of the month, I find myself challenged to come up with a poem a day. Thank goodness I wasn't trying to come up with a poem a day within a particular theme! I'd be sunk!

So, here is my humble offering for today, about the essence and presence of writing.

A Challenging Craft


Write

So sayeth the Muse


Of what shall I write

I ask


Muse answers

This

That

The other


This or that

Abtract or concrete

Painting pictures

Sharing thoughts

Sometimes messy

Sometimes neat


Staying within form

Or wandering about


Exploring ideas

Pushing boundaries

Challenging processes


Stirring emotions

Broadening horizons

Fanning flames

Or putting them out


This is what writers do

What writing is all about

No comments:

Post a Comment